Friday 11 October 2013

PostHeaderIcon American casting for 'Hana Yori Dango' (Boys Over Flowers) TV series receives harsh Japanese criticism

American casting for 'Hana Yori Dango' (Boys Over Flowers) TV series receives harsh Japanese criticism


Hello ~

Can you believe this? You guys got to read the link It seems pretty legit. Here is another segment to DopesRates! Welcome, I guess you guy can tell by the initial reaction that I am surprised. I am really surprised the American TV studio will show this in November if I am correct. As stated on the link above, I guess what I wanted to tell people was, how do you find this?


Does it feel like it will ruin it? Or do you feel like it's going to help Japan gain more and more interest in their overseas viewers of dramas. Especially for originals?

Hana Yori Dango (Boys before flowers by Yoko Kamio),  is a hit Tv drama that was playing in Japan, during 2005. It was a major hit, the Manga and Anime itself was produced before the live action came out. Although unbeknown to other fans, people got to love the show either way. The actors themselves were very much linked to the characters to the Manga itself specifically chosen.

For me to see something like this puts me ill at ease. Not in a bad way, we can go on forever with the argument of copyright and adaptions of movies, tvs, music. So forth, and it goes on and endless list as I see it, but isn't it all a waste to see such budget on something amazing and too see it turned down, low ratings and crumbled. Not even remembering what we even had the right to watch in the first place,  it seems like a lot of fans are not so happy with this.

Well for me, I guess, I want to see how it turns out I don't mind. However the essecence of Hana Yori Dango for me will be engraved very deeply. As a person who loves anything foreign and sticks to originals this is very difficult to comprehend. It's a show yes, but you know how people ruin your favorite shirt with sauce and how easy it will be to clean out, yeah people. THIS show will never leave my memory it will always be there I can't even clean it out. So I need to watch this and see if I will cringe or cry or smile and nod or appreciate this new drama series.

It all depends I guess, for me this is something huge!

DopeRates this is a show I am willing to overlook that its an adaption of a favorite drama of mine, but I will give it a try. Harsh criticisms will be well endowed with this series, I hope it doesn't disappoint.


DopesRates, the actors and fellow actresses must appeal to me, but I can overlook this if they can act very well. No matter what, I need them to act properly each scene in the original is like gold, so I hope the adaption can live up to it. The crying scenes is what makes it worth while to judge too. I need real tears people not fake!

So my final conclusion, I shall wait it out watch it and decide what I think.  This be known that in my gut I know they will butcher the show, but I will overlook this if the storyline is followed through with good acting. What do you guys think? You think this is going to be good or what, or has American TV took another famous things of Japan and will smoulder it?

Tell me what you guys think.~





0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.