Sunday 12 August 2012

PostHeaderIcon Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle - CLAMP


During an excavation at the mysterious ruins in Clow Country, Syaoran discovers his childhood friend Princess Sakura appear on the site with wings that disperse into many feathers. As the feather’s disappear to different dimensions, so does Sakura’s memory. In attempts to save Sakura’s life and restore her memory, Syaoran travels through to another world to find a solution. There’s only one thing left he can do. Travel through to different dimensions to collect Sakura’s feathers. Helping out with the quest is Kurogane, an exiled ninja from Japan Country who wishes to return to his world, the runaway magician, Fay, who desires to jump between each world never to return to his own and the white meat-bun shaped creature, Mokona.

Ok This will be brief only because everyone probably made their own review on this already! So I will do mine short and simple starting with what I liked and so forth. Ok so here I go, I loved this show it was awesome beyond words Clamp never fail to amazed me and this was one of the reasons why I started to read and watch this. It never got to a point where I thought wow this was boring nope this was intense! and it had so much background to it I was left in so much confusion. Let me explain by saying how Syaoran and Sakura look like Cardcaptors yes everyone knows, but with Tsubasa every character you can imagine is in from CLAMP! now I would call that absurd but it isnt! It's superb! no lets rephrase it's EPIC! I love things that come together and thats what clamp did they reused their own and made it into one! How great could that be! 

Syaoran - He is so great as a guy! I can't explain how much times he made my heart flutter. He is so insanely in love with Sakura he would do anything to see her happy. Pure love! I literally love that about him, his technique on fighting is somewhat different and strong and I love his Kudan! His personality is soft and so damn sweet it makes my tooth ache! :P I really respect him in this anime, he shows of so many sides and so forth. The only sad part was getting confused during the last OVA where we find out that his actually a clone and he stole Fey's eyes to become stronger, it hurt alot to see that. It also burst his emotions a bit more when he killed Sakura that is intense right there! I was confused at that point but I later realised what had gone on and its because looking for the feathers we realise that neither of the two main were actually the real. That was a awesome twist! I love how he gets along with Kurogane and Fey but his loyalty to Sakura is immaculate and beautiful.

Sakura - She is sweet, and too kind for words! She is literally an epitome of a good princess. She carries the feathers but since they have scattered it doesnt seem like they got enough. I loved the fact that she even though cant help fighting can help in other ways. I think this is where the groups soft spot for comes in and I really liked that. However later in the manga, her personality undergoes a change after the clone Syaoran leaves her. As she voices to Fai, no matter how identical the two Syaorans may be, the real Syaoran is still not the one she knows. Subsequent chapters show Sakura with a much darker personality, accompanied with gothic clothing. Its a shame but its something different because we all know that neither of the two are the original! 

Fai - The Mage with beautiful blue eyes! Ah! I love him his sooo funny! I love how he interacts with everyone you know the friendly of the group. His like busy body but in the end he deeply cares for everyone. And when Syaoran clone takes his eyes, that was the most painful scene I saw in my life the way he ate it was ugh...I felt like crying for Fai! But in the end he ended up being a vampire which was unexpected but he lost so much and I hate how he really lots ALOT! I really love Fai and I love how his love interest is Chii! Thats sooo cute! His relationship with kurogane is like one of siblings same with sakura and Syaoran too! But later on the OVA it showed that he wants to serve the Sakura clone after what they been through. I think I watched that scene a gazillion times it was so beautiful how he cried for her and she cried for him!


Kurogane - ah~ he makes me giggle! His anger is what makes it more funnier! his arrogance is what Tomoyo wanted to get rid of and make him understand he was never alone. I think he accepted that when he saw Syaoran fight for not him for others. It's what I loved and Mokono is soo hilarious with Kurogane I thought they make the oddest pair but it's too funny how he gets angry all the time with Mokono. I loved the episode where Fai names him Dog! I couldn't stop giggling at that.

Yuko - The witch, she's so epic! I hate how they all have to give up everything for them to go into another world to save Sakura. But because of this it made the group who it is. I thought she was so helpful in so many ways and it shows that she hates what is going on too, her face is pretty grim at most point. I enjoy how mokono thinks of Yuko and talks to her as well and asks for help. Ah it is soo sweet! Shes also such an awesome witch as well. 

Tsubasa Chronicle still shapes up to be a relatively enjoying series, if you can get through a couple of the more slower arcs and horrendous fillers. Also Yuki Kajiura is a LEGEND! her music is what made most of Tsubasa and I cant express how much respect I have for her today and will forever! she never failed to make the most of the show with her songs! A song of storm and fire" is played with the anime, that alone will urge you to keep watching this anime. Honestly speaking I did get confused right at the end of Spring thunder I kept wondering who was the real memories and who had fake, and one of the real Syaoran kept saying oh the original is safe? weird and so many questions followed for me there after! Then it became clear haha! 

I will also like to point out that yes they are lanky but you gotta love CLAMP! they are really original and have so many themes in their stories I never get bored! They also look super cute and very much colourful as I expect them to be!!! :D Their artwork still blows me away I totally am in love with everything! :D Also if you want to continue with the epic storyline read the manga you wont be disappointed its saddening but its beautiful in its own way I swear Clamp makes depressing ending sometimes :( But this one was totally worth it. Well to me anyways hehe! The cinematography of the places in Spring Thunder was just epic to me I thought that was immensely beautiful for words the colour bloomed so much to me!

So here is my quick review on the show! I know its not alot but honestly you will be exposed enough with other peoples views hehe! So give this a go an tell me how it is! I wish there was a 3rd season or so and completed the whole show I mean it would have been so much better! Than keeping 2 seasons and OVA it doesn't help much and it felt a bit rushed towards the end too, no one will realise that the main are actually clones it doesn't hint until the last OVA which really sucks :(

So I will leave you with some music so ENJOY! ^^























BONUS!



SUCH A CUTE SONG!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.