Sunday 12 August 2012

PostHeaderIcon Maria†Holic - Minari Endō

Maria Holic revolves around a lesbian high school girl, Kanako Miyamae, who is scared of boys and breaks out in hives if a boy touches her. During her second year of high school, she enrolls in an all-girls school hoping to find a female romantic partner. However, her ideal candidate, Mariya Shidō, turns out to be a sadistic cross-dressing boy.


Ah ~ Gender bender plots are so funny to me! I really love them, I couldn't get enough of the first season of Maria Holic I was really engrossed. I loved the characters, I thought they were amusing. I mean each of them are spelndidly funny in their own way.  So it starts of with Kanako who had a dream to join the school since her own mother went there and wishes to find someone she loves as well. And when she meets with Maria she thinks her dreams comes true except she manages to find out the truth unexpectedly her dreams are shattered. It was over the top and crazy but I loved how she actually grabbed Maria's crotch to see if it was true! HAHA!

To me that was too funny, so here comes the crazy adventures. After finding out the truth to keep it on the low down Maria threatens to expose her lesbian acts and she cowers in and does whatever Maria tells her to do. Kanao is in the end a pushover in the series but she is exceptionally funny that makes me giggle! I mean she actually meets other people and eventually likes ones of the girls in the show slowly. She is tall and she gets mocked all the time, its so brutal but so funny the way she does get pulverized by Maria.



Maria although a boy with long blonde hair, Is too sadistic for his own good. He literally makes Kanako cry endlessly and I think at some parts he feels burdened to make her cry. But then goes back to his usual routine of bullying her again. I love the relationship between Kanako and him its fairly obvious that it's too hilarious. oh and his relationship with Matsurika is one of weird ones he also does weird things to her but in a way you could tell she likes it. She also listens to whatever Maria says as well. The reason being that Maria prefers being a girl only for his grandmother he loves her grandmother alot. We also find out in the first season that he has a twin who goes to a all boys school, and that she hates it cause shes scared of boys. Just like Kanako and Kanako prefers the other twin cause she is a lot more nicer. I don't think Maria liked that you could tell in the second season. HAHA 

There is a lot more craziness in the second season when I finished it. The first ones was more reared towards who was who and what they did. I loved the conenction between the people but it lacked a little bit of a storyline. The music though for BOTH seasons were really fun to listen to I really loved it!! eek! :D On one hand we have Kanako, a girl who is dead set on finding the yuri-partner of her dreams, has an overactive imagatination, and loves cutting to the side to let out long-winded blabberings/rants about literally everything. On the other hand we have Maria, a two-faced character whose real personality is the direct opposite of her who takes advantage of her as much as possible like when he goes to touch her even though she refuses because she gets hives if any boys touch her!  The antics are so overboard and just crazy for the two main leads its really enjoyable to watch. 

I haven't read the manga yet, I wish I did. But I hope there is some budding romance or something, because there was none in the show. Which was different! considering there is some in most of them, but this time there wasn't and I was surprised yet I enjoyed the show without it. It was like a having a fun time at school! :D 

So I shall leave you with some songs! Enjoy and tell me how you thought of this show, as I said a millions times peoples taste are different but I am sure you might like it! :)


IN THE END MARIA HOLIC OWNS!! :D 


Dopey ~ 










0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.