Saturday 21 January 2012

PostHeaderIcon Edward Scissorhands


Directed by Tim Burton
Produced by Tim Burton Denise Di Novi

Tim Burton's Edward Scissorhands opens as an eccentric inventor (Vincent Price) lovingly assembles a synthetic youth named Edward (Johnny Depp). Edward has all the essential ingredients for today's standard body, with the exception of a pair of hands. For what is initially thought to be a temporary period, he is fitted with long, scissor-like extremities that while able to trim a mean hedge, are hardly conducive to day-to-day life. When the kindly inventor dies, however, Edward is left lonely and cursed with some very heavy metal for hands. He is eventually taken in by Peg Boggs (Dianne Weist), an Avon lady who takes pity on him after seeing his bleak existence. Edward, in spite of his inherent ability to slay anyone he comes across, is a gentle soul whose only wish is to be loved. His impromptu family has, at best, a limited understanding of Edward, but he finds himself drawn to Peg's weary but sympathetic daughter, Kim (Winona Ryder), who is dating Jim (Anthony Michael Hall), the neighbourhood bully. Meanwhile, Edward finds himself a local celebrity after the town realizes that his talents include creative hedge trimming and an unrivalled ability to cut hair. His so-called friends are proven fair-weather when Edward is accused of a crime, after which his only supporters are Peg and Kim

I cannot express how much I love Johnny depp not only is he amazingly good with acting but his super hot too! But who could forget a classic movie like scissor hands! It makes me melt whenever I remember this movie!
I adore it! It’s one of the best in my memories! The story and plot was super cute! I hand it to burton he makes such great stories this is far by my favourite! I love the fact he always used Johnny in most movies or Winona Ryder! I love them together I think their splendid!

The story was set in such a different style it just grasped me and watching this with the family once again made me laugh, my own mother who by the way doesn’t watch English movies actually enjoyed it a lot! When I mean she enjoyed it when it was showing on film4 she was like “Oh isn’t that the movie with the guy with scissor hands” and I’m like wow mother you really do pay attention to what I watch! 

It’s amazing though, my little sister loved it and so did my brother! So we all sat around with something to munch on and watched it quietly and anticipating what will happen next. I loved the makeup and acting the clothing the set to the music! I thought wow! If only he was real you know I would so take Edward into my house and treat him like my own! His so amazing so sweet and I loved how he fell in love!!! 

I thought Dianne west was super nice to have taken him in; I loved the scenes with the neighborhood though how he chops up the hairs and thinks its style that was amazingly funny! My mother loved it! I loved how artistic he was with the garden that would off though?!!

The ending was sad, very sad!  I nearly cried! I loved it I thought it was such a great way to end it I know some people will hate it but it was super romantic! Considering the end had been about how Jim and Edward battle out for Kim! However Jim dies when Edward kills him to save him Kim leaves and ends up kissing him and saying goodbye after saying how she loves him, she goes back to the town’s people and manages to convince them that he died during a battle with Jim.

And the beginning is sent back to us and we notice how it’s Kim the grandmother telling her granddaughter about him and how she never saw him again. Saddening truth but it was beautiful how he still carves Ice and the snow is the Ice that has been carved off for the town it’s so romantic and beautiful yet so sad!

Awesome movie! I can’t describe how much I truly enjoyed it! :D  people should so watch it if they haven’t one of the classics! Truly breathtaking and thoughtful!

Marzana


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.