Saturday 21 January 2012

PostHeaderIcon The borrowers - 1997


Writer: Mary Norton
Genre: Family, Comedy
Rating: PG
Running Time: 83 min.
Advisory: For mild peril and some crude humour


Mary Norton's children's books about a family of four-inch-tall people who share accommodations with giant "beans"... (as in "human being's") are brought to the screen in beautifully scaled detail, but neither the story nor the characters come alive.

I was charmed by this movie I loved it as a kid and I still do now, of course I never understood the slapstick humour at first or crude ones but I do now! But it’s still amusing to be blindsided for that as I enjoyed this movie a lot!
I know people won’t like it as it’s a British comedy as well  but I would love to say how proud of it I am, I mean considering the fact there was no CGI used at all and now you see it everywhere? It’s pretty cool how this was made! I loved all the characters I enjoyed all parts of the movie and the soundtrack also the costumes!

Almost a decade ago we would not have seen this, I thought it was the best job I had seen of making miniature people look real. This showed how far technology had come in films and now, of course, we see a lot more amazing special effects.
It was fun to view how these "borrowers" moved about, using ordinary household items to propel themselves around a normal-sized house. It's all pretty clever and cute if I say so myself and interesting.

The humour is more adult orientated but I really didn’t mind, I mean when I watched it again I felt nostalgic it’s a movie that brings a lot of memories for me! the acting was great the cast was a mixture of American and British which was cool so it wasn’t just based one style there was more flavours to it!
Seriously if no one has seen this it’s a must watch! I recently made my sister watch it considering she’s 10 years younger than me it was worth seeing her face with reactions! Her face and excitement towards miniatures were a sight to see she enjoyed it! 

The questions that came afterward I did not enjoy! Ha ha but it was well the worth of spending time with family to watch!
So give it a go! you never know you might enjoy it without realizing! a truly classic movie it was franchised into a lot of stuff too so go check it!


Marzana 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.