Monday 12 September 2011

PostHeaderIcon V.C Andrews - Heaven


Both image is from the V.C Andrew website.

Name : Heaven
Author : Virginia Andrews

Of all the folks in the mountain shacks, The Casteels were the lowest -- the scum of the hills.
Heaven Leigh Casteel was the prettiest, smartest girl in the backwoods, despite her ragged clothes and dirty face... despite a father meaner than ten vipers... despite her weary stepmother, who worked her like a mule. For her brother Tom and the little ones, Heaven clung to her pride and her hopes. Someday they'd get away and show the world that they were decent, fine and talented -- worthy of love and respect.
Then Heaven's stepmother ran off, and her wicked, greedy father had a scheme a vicious scheme that threatened to destroy the precious dream of Heaven and the children forever!

I was reading Virginia Andrews series again like all of them, and of course I read flowers in the Attic, but I thought I would write about Heaven Casteel instead! and I also looked at the book covers of the books back then and I fell in love with the Art for Virginia Andrews books I thought every picture made me really see who the characters were and it felt good to think like that.

I loved this book, it made me feel happy, make my heart flutter with his near moments of couples, made me angry, frustrated and also sickened. This book made me feel so many emotions each page I turned I was sucked in more and more to make a book so morbid and so true could never make me feel more happy that I have a good family. But the way Virginia wrote how Heaven was and what she became after enduring so much pain, hate and of course no closure of love! made me pity her characters.

I loved how she loved Tom and how close she was with him, how close she was with Jane and Keith treating them like her own kids, I swear Heaven made me feel like she was the best sister anyone could ever have, to be able to make it through hard times and still love her siblings like that and love them so much that it nearly brought tears to my eyes. I love family drama I do as much as the next person but to put so much pain on Heaven just made me angry, she was cheated, manipulated, beaten and of course humiliated.

Heaven's relationship with Logan I thought was beautiful at first, but later on the stories it got to a point where I knew that Logan was too good to be true he was like all the men Heaven's life misleading and liars. They never helped her as much as she wanted them too she was still miserable but I knew deep down she loved Logan but after what had happened to her after she was adopted she was not to blame yet Logan blamed her and moved away from her even though she tried to apologize which got me angry she shouldn't do that when it wasn't her fault. However in the end we see her grudgingly married to Logan after his infidiliety which I thought was a harsh thing but what goes around comes around right? Heaven was no saint either.

Heaven's relationship with Troy was the most beautifulest thing I had ever laid eyes on, I thought two corrupted souls coming together made me feel so giddy but after learning he was her uncle I had this weird feeling to it, however I still felt that Heaven had never loved a perfect man like Troy did, Troy had died once and had left her the second time after finding out she had married Logan, depressed they spend one more time together thus creating a spawn for the fourth book of VC.

Heaven's love for her daughter was shown beautifully, I thought Heaven had to be the most real person I had ever read about, she was a troubled soul, she loved people yet no one returned it she was amazingly beautiful the dark haired beauty yet she resembled her mother, Tony her father happened to take advantage of her thinking it was Leigh I thought that was disturbing yet things like this still happen so I wasn't too shocked. Heaven was seriously the most nicest person to ever been made by VC, she easily forgave she had willpower and she stood up to those who took advantage to her aka Tony, Jillian and Logan! her relationship with Logan was to me by then a unforgettable thing even having her child Heaven still loved Logan but he seemed so much more attracted to her sister Fanny than to her and he kept denying I kept thinking how pathetic he was really.

Her relationshiop with Fanny made me angry all the time, all throughout the book it was always Fanny that made things much harder Heaven getting closer to her father Luke! who kept selling her Fanny threw that at Heaven's face as much as she could we knew she was Jealous but Fanny did not realized how bitter Heaven's life had been even moving back to her real house if only they knew how much pain Heaven had on her heart. 

However Fanny does change later on in the fourth book, after Heaven and Logan die we see the close relationship with Annie and Luke Jr. Fanny's and Logans child, Annie was Troy's and Heaven's child. but they didn't know that so they always were scared in many ways to get closer, we also get introduced to Drake who happened to be Luke's Heaven's father second wife's child who Heaven had taken to look after and become a substitute mother another way to show even though she was rejected she cared!! Drake stops Annie an Luke to get closer as much as possible it is hinted that he might like her as well but never more clear. We see Fanny's other side after the accident and I was really impressed that a death could change a heart like that! but it was great.

The final book was about Leigh, Heaven's mother who also like Heaven was as much similar yet differnt in so many ways. Her mother jillan was to lost in her own world and her father too, so she was left alone, as the story contiunes we see her loss, hate, fantasy and of course rape! and we understand soon why she had left and shortly died at a young age, Annie reads this on the day of Troy's funeral the notebook that held all the memories of Leigh Vanvoreen Heaven's mother who she never knew, if only Heaven did.

Overall :

The books amazing with the morbidness, to the shallowness to the amazing descriptions of the feelings the characters show feeling Heaven's feeling on the book made me lover her more and more and wished I could help her!!
 V C Andrews never seemed to amaze me more with her charcters I loved them so much to read it was a privledge too. 

So remember to check this book out it is one of the classics you will ever read! and love like I have and keep it engraved in your hearts like i did :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.