Monday 21 October 2013

PostHeaderIcon Hyōka - ice cream (☆_☆)






Episodes: 22
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: Apr 23, 2012 to Sep 16, 2012
Producers: Kyoto Animation, Lantis, Kadokawa Shoten, The Klock Worx, chara-ani.com, Animation Do
Genres: Mystery, School, Slice of Life
Duration: 25 min. per episode
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Synopsis:

At the request of his older sister, student Hōtarō Oreki joins Kamiyama High School's Classic Literature Club to stop it from being abolished, joined by fellow members Eru Chitanda, Satoshi Fukube and Mayaka Ibara. The story is set in Kamiyama City, a fictional city in Gifu Prefecture that the author based on his real hometown of Takayama, also in Gifu. The fictional Kamiyama High School is based upon the real life Hida High School.

Can I just express how awesome the name "Hyoka" is and how clever! It's so good in a sense of a mediocre series with a lot of lovable characters and a simple plot. It's a light mystery that makes us feel fuzzy and warm. It's animation is similar to K-ON if people do not know and it's probably the most slow paced but interesting series I have enjoyed.

The series follows four members, and how they pass theories and gather theories together to solve a mystery but in the end it is Hotaro who completes it. He is very clever but so laid back, he insists he wanted a normal and lazy life is out turned by Chitanda. Also I love the names, it's so different and funny to say. Although the characters you may find bland and so overused, I really loved how Chitanda's character had a romantic worldview compared to the others. For me she made the show worth the watch as she got into the mysteries. She enjoys fixing the mysteries with everyone and it's pretty cute to see that. Major points for presentation on details of the whole show I found that amazing!


The art and sound play a really big role towards achieving the overall effect on the watcher. The background art is darker and the sky is more grey. Just these two points themselves bring a heavy effect of seriousness to the series, letting the one watching know that he/she shouldn't be expecting much comedy or sweetness through the series. For me I had figured when it was serious and when it was less serious by just those two things. I really found that really good for a pin point. I really enjoyed the mysteries, especially the one about Chitanda's uncle which was surprisingly sweet and sad. I love the animal representation of the whole thing itself which made me feel even sadder.

The whole show is very calm and you could tell that it's a calm series, with a serious of light heartiness and simple emotions. Although some might complain that the mysteries are mundane. For me they were perfect, be it more serious I would think it was trying to copy detective conan, was it any less I would think it was a comedy. But fair is the show is a perfect harmony with the characters. For me this is as best I could represent the whole show. 


Overall it was enjoyable and simply cute, it's calm and light and the comedy is there too. Its even better to watch since they have four main characters rather than a whole lot. For me they develop the characters in a sense where we actually see where their viewpoints are, and how they feel about finishing this mystery solving. So people give "Hyoka" a go and see if you like it yourself or not.

I shall leave you with some songs ~


(☆_☆)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.