Tuesday 11 December 2012

PostHeaderIcon S A - Special A - Maki Minami





years : 2006 - 2008
season : 1
episodes :  24


Hikari Hanazono has always been second to Kei Takishima. When they were six years old, their pro-wrestling loving fathers introduced them to each other. Assuming that she was the best in wrestling, young Hikari challenged Kei to a wrestling match only to be thoroughly defeated by him. Ever since that fateful incident, Hikari swore to beat Kei in school grades, sporting events or any competition. To do this, she has enrolled in the same school as Kei since elementary. Now she attends Hakusenkan, an ultra elite school for the wealthy, that costs her carpenter father a lot of money.

So here I start about Special A - This Anime was so and so for me. It was great but it wasn't too great it's hard to explain but from my point it was more like finding out the real purpose of the show. Having a dense character go crazy and go up against the best  guy out there and try to beat him. The good part of it was it was a girl and she was actually very very good! but just by 2 or 1 point she always lost which is a shame! Because he could care less really cause he is in love with her but that! is what made the show more bearable to me. It was a cute shoujo with a tinsel of action and comptetion here and there. The Manga is different for me, I think it always is I thought it was amazing! I didnt like the slow patches here and there but I did like how more detailed it was when we knew all about the characters. That to me was lovely and I enjoyed delving deeper

Hikari - Dense by nature, kind by heart she is a softie but completely stupid she loves each of the gang members and gets along fine with all of them. She is actually a binbo! But that doesnt stop her to do anything she is close to Kei and Akira! So it's lovely to see the two people compete for her affections but she gives it to everyone so its hard in the manga though it was clearly shown she did have conflicted feelings for Kei she is just confused.

Kei - Probably the most quiet guy i saw on this Anime. He is literally has no care but he is aware of his surroundings. He gets riled up easily but it's understandable when he expresses his feelings but gets thrown it back at him when he confesses. He is really decent and half the things he does for everyone is something we all wish done for us. He really cares has a hard time to show it but he does it in his own way. Like all Anime characters I kid you not! But I think its what he does in his own way that makes the show nice and loving! In the Manga it is more evident of his approach to Hikari and others he is hard working and very well mannered he hates to be centre of attention and kid you not he really does feel more jealous in the Manga than Anime.

Overall: The Manga was better for than the Anime I got more information and love from it. However I loved watching it so that's saying something. Its not the best but its good enough to entertain you. It didn't leave me wanting more but it left me wondering and accepting it finished. The difference for me with the Manga and Anime is the relationship of everyone it wasn't there for me. IT would have been better described or shown but I am thankful for watching it. I never want to say it wasn't worth it every Anime is! Special A is all based on rankings and I didn't like that kind of shows of the snobby side to things but I loved the fact that Hikari was at the second best for a poor girl! which is funny for me! The music was lovely and the designs were well enough for me, they looked pretty cute too!! I also love the twins I think they are adorable!! So make sure to give it a go I swear it's not so bad! I know loads of people will be against the show cause it sounds all misogynist and all but honestly tell me what you think when you watch it, because no one has the same liking as you do.

likes : Story, characters, design and music also Plot

dislikes : relationships, "rich kids getting there own way feeling" 

I shall leave with some songs :)








0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.