Friday 14 December 2012

PostHeaderIcon Power aka girl got game - SEINO Shizuru



Alternative Name: Girl got game
Genre(s):,
Action  Comedy  Gender Bender  Romance  School Life  Shoujo  Sports  
Author(s): SEINO Shizuru
Status: Completed


Kyo Aizawa's father is a basketball devotee but has been forced to quit playing his precious sport because of an injury. Instead of himself working his way up to the NBA, he feels that Kyo, his daughter should fulfill his dream. To give Kyo a good start in her career of basketball he enrolls her in Seishu High School which is known for two things: its extremely cute girls' uniforms and their boys' basketball team. Not only does unhappy Kyo have to pretend to be a boy during the day (the basketball team members all live at the school to boost the team spirit), she has to do it day and night. The super-star of the team, Chiharu Eniwa, may be a good-looking, basketball champion, but his attitude towards Kyo is hostile from their very first meeting. Poor Kyo ends up roommates with the evil Chiharu. As they get to know one another, both sense that the other has a secret. 

The fact that this reminds me so much of she's he man, I mean from the games to the dorm. I can't express how much I loved this Manga. It was short and simple with what we girls needed you know what I mean. I just loved the fact that it can't be a copy of she's the man because this manga ran back in 92, i is now 2012. It's been a while huh? Dont get me wrong I really love both of them so don't mistake my love for pointing out who copied who. I just loved the idea Power!! is actually a Manga!

It's enjoyable, humorous and filled with the light heated love we need. Aizawa is a funny character in her bones and she knows when she can be a girl. Although every character faces trouble this gender bender is pretty awesome, she isn't dense or stupid she is hardcore and I love that. She does end up revealing who she is with Chiharu but the general chemistry between the two where there which is what we want to enjoy it. I loved the use of basketball in this how she works her ass off and everything, using Chiharu's head as a stepping stone hilarious! being short has it's purpose right?


Overall, great Manga to indulge in when you have time! Well worth it! The only problem for me was the ending it left me unfinished if that makes sense I wish there a bit more on it. It has over the top humor but it's still nice to remember it that's how I did. People may have a problem with the designs but don't let that affect you it's still pretty awesome. If you like sports and humor mixed in one with a little gender bender this is the right Manga for you.

So get checking when you can and tell me how it went.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.