Thursday 18 June 2015

PostHeaderIcon The Mystic Archives of Dantalian - ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Type: TV
Episodes: 12
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: Jul 16, 2011 to Oct 1, 2011
Genres: ActionMysteryHistorical,Supernatural
Duration: 25 min. per episode
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

Synopsis ~
Hugh Anthony Disward inherits an old mansion and a personal library from his grandfather. In the basement of the mansion, he meets a mysterious girl, Dalian. She is a Dantalian and a gateway to "Dantalian's bookshelf," which stores the prohibited books of the demons.

Dopess says –

This is a strangely interesting storyline, I really liked it in a weird way. For me this was about Hugh who just inherited his grandfathers library without knowing what really went on behind those doors. When he finds Dantalian does he find it more interesting to know what she does and that he has the key to all this. At the beginning there is another girl where he remembers from memory so it all connects one way or another.

Dopes Rates ~

What I liked was the Manga more than the Anime it was mediocre at its best, only making it feel good enough to watch but it probably for some wouldn’t be worth the time. For me though I was engaged in the story and it was good in a sense of mystery to it.
Dantalian sweet, with a vast amount of knowledge is the total opposite of her clothing she is actually cute and very childish with the love of sweet things. When battle arises she gets her game on an shows off a great side to her in general.

Hugh, is quite good his development in the story isn’t that clear but it’s good enough to know what he is really about and what he does in general. He has the key and he knows when to use it, we also find out that he is trying to save the other girl from complete loneliness. And the way he takes care of Dantalian shows off his cute side lets also be honest they have their funny moments too.
The music is very latin like and gothic which suits the shows and I really enjoyed the bgm however its all mediocre for me as I wasn’t too keen on the music as I hoped to be. The artwork was charming and very good I really love the style, I really enjoyed the character designs of the characters and the simple yet realistic sense of the background too which got me happy.

Dopes dislikes ~

It was overall really short in 12 episodes; it didn’t conclude anything or give us any other insights. I was hoping for a 24 episode which would have been better but none. Lets also not forget there could have been more in the character development as well, but it didn’t harm anyone, I still liked the mains. There are also more important characters in the show which doesn’t get air time and leaves us with questions than answers. And the side characters aren’t shown much either which I was hoping for because they were quite hilarious too.

Dopes Conclusion –

Overall the show was good! I really did enjoy it I loved the animation the most as it was fluid the story was interesting, but it could have been done with more. It’s a shame because the Manga surpassed a bit more than the show, but either way it’s been directed and beautifully written so I can’t complain so if you want a bit of mystery and action with a interesting concept on books this is your show!


Dopes plays ~ 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.