Sunday 28 August 2011

PostHeaderIcon The Man in the Moon



Movie : The man in the moon!

The story, set in 1950s Louisiana, tells of a 14-year-old girl named Dani (Reese Witherspoon) who falls in love with a boy three years older than she is, a senior named Court Foster (Jason London). Just as Court begins to reciprocate Dani's feelings, even giving her her first kiss, and their relationship begins to develop, he meets and becomes more attracted to Dani's older sister, Maureen (Emily Warfield). Unbeknownst to Dani, Maureen and Court begin to see each other and fall in love. However Court still cares for Dani, and Maureen loves her sister and neither can bring themselves to reveal the relationship.


The movie starts of with the two sisters talking about things and about how Dani is envious of her old sister, the movie was set in a farmy looking area and I thought how real it looked, the story was very good, sad and very sweet at times. The development bewteen court and dani was very efficient that they liked each other.

I re- watched the movie and I fell in love with it again I couldn't believe how much I loved reese witherspoon in this movie! yes theres others she was great in! but I don't know why but I really loved her in this I think she portrayed a love struck child perfectly! and I totally love that. and Jason london haha I thought he was utterly adorable in the movie he was the typical boy next door! 


The story was great, the acting was great. the movie was heartbreaking espcially near the end when Court falls in love with Dani's older sister after just seeing her but both feel very sad at the fact that they still care for Dani they can't explain how they could reveal the two had a relationship, I admit not everyone can deal with loss and heartbreak in the same time but I believe Dani was stronger than anyone in the movie, I thought she showed a real great personailty.


The cinematography for the places and the emotions they showed though close ups etc. was pretty good! because we got the feel to the story even more. one thing I always notice is how they will portray an emotion as delicate as heartbreak like would they go crazy? or be happy? or just be sad? The way Court died was horrific! imagine being sliced up like that but of course they didn't show that part but it showed the tractor with the sharp thing coming towards him which indicating he will die.


I love the melancholy feeling when the funeral started, the pan shots of Dani's face as she saw the mourners was just really sad, you could tell she was feeling really heartbroken, but she stayed so calm the barbed wire that was in front of her face shadowed it showing she was in the corner hiding as if she didn't want to show her weakness. 


Around the hour and half into the movie we see Dani by the river where she always used to take a swim with Court where they bonded and made a connection, we see him jumping off and in the water which puts a smile on Dani's face. which fades away after wards, on the way to Courts grave land where she see's her sister lying face down crying, I thought it was amazing how Dani could forgive like that and still love her own sister helping her grieve when she wants to grieve! what a kind soul :( the song was beautiful that matched nicely I liked that. 


we see it end where Maurine helps Dani braid her hair at night, and Dani say's "I wish I could talk to the man in the moon" but also says "wish we could talk to each other always" so it shows she cares a lot which goes back to the first part where Maurine says there mother said when they were kids "They could talk to the man in the moon if there was any trouble or confusion" 


and then the picture of the moon comes up! which is very nice :)


Overall :


I loved the movie I thought it was amazing, it had such an emotion too it of course its a drama movie but it was great. one of the better Reese movies I enjoyed :) but if you have time make sure to watch it! it will warm your heart and maybe put a little sadness in it but it was well worth it :)


✰ ✰ ✰/ 5


Dopey!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.