Sunday 6 October 2013

PostHeaderIcon Japan Matsuri 2013 ( ̄Д ̄;) ガーン



Minasan, kon'nichiwa~ 

I thought I would write a little something today about Japan Matsuri in London 2013! It was a cloudy day yesterday, but none the less a very beautiful night! No rain whatsoever Which is a bonus point I guess for performers. It was on Saturday October 5th, near Trafalgar Square. It was a huge huge event and probably well known.
Everything kicked off at 11am and lead on to the night until 9pm, which was a very long event.

It was unfortunate I didn't go, but there was a few friends of mine who did go to this event, I thought I would write about their thoughts on this event, via through them. I think I will have to wait another year in order to go again. It's such a shame, it would have been amazing to see it first hand but you know, things happen and you are busy. I thought I would share some stuff through others to get a clear show of what we missed.

The first two pictures are from the original website they are not mine, so do not worry. It's copy write to them. Not mine, if I had originals I would definitely put them up, sad I can't. (▼_▼メ)
So I got a friend who went there happy days, and asked her a few questions to which she replied for me.

Me: What did you see in general?
Nicky : Interms of performances I saw a japanese singer (sorry forgot her name) along with her backup dancers!
There were all wearing short kimono style dresses and everything about the performance was like a throwback from the 80's
The songs the singer sang reminded me of a old anime song opening! Marmalade boy in particular! the dances were similar
 to japanese para para dancing! The second performance I saw was more japanese music but a more traditional sound whichinvolved the use of the traditional japanese instrument/guitar the shamisen
The performance was nice and part of the performance featured a guy I knew called Yuma. I couldnt see clearly if he
 also was playing a shamisen or a regular guitar but eitherway he was really really good.

Me: How was the surrounding?
Nicky: It was my first time so I was surprised by how large the event was! there was a lot of people
and everyone there seemed to be there to enjoy the event and generally have a good time.


Me: Whom did you go with or see?
Nicky: In terms of people I saw, although I got there around 4:30-5:00 it didn't take me long to find my friends! and throughout the event myself as well as my friends kept bumping into other friends and other people we knew!  

Me: Did you enjoy the performance or anything?
Nicky: The performance I did manage to see I enjoyed! but I have to say I enjoyed being there with my friends both Japanese and non Japanese a lot more

Me: Did you buy anything?
Nicky: I was hungry so I bought some food! I bought some very delicious Yakisoba and through a recommendation by one of my friends I bought a very nice Japanese lemon drink:'Ramu bottle'
 

Me: By the end of it how was the general atmosphere was it worth it?
Nicky: In general I saw alot of people! The atmosphere was very good!  I feel the atmosphere was good due to the people there, some japan lovers, some non japan lovers who just came out of curiosity either way I feel everyone there came to have a good time( and did) and to experience some Japanese culture!


Well, for my friend Nicky overall it seems she really enjoyed herself, from her point of view I gathered. The food was great, she had managed to meet people who she made friends with and manged to see after a long time. It seems like one of her friends who went along with her met up with a fried who she hadnt seen in 10 years!! My, I never knew a festival could bring people together. I think it sums up that it was great for everyone. And the singer she had seen was called

Naomi Suzuki, but there was other people playing, like Fuyuki Enokido who came from Japan to do a stage! Hibiki Ichikawa. There was more I will list them soon.
I thank my friend for the follow up of the day, her twitter is linked here if you want to be friend her too, she is a fellow Japan culture lover like I am. (https://twitter.com/xNicky10) credit to Nicole for answering my questions! She also mentioned a couple of elvis guys dancing to Japanese folk songs the video is posted up on her twitter please go share or watch it. Thank you!

Next up is a little info from another friend of mine, who didnt quite gather what her feelings was for the whole event.

Me: How was Japan Matsuri?

Anca: It was alright..plenty of food ..haha..almost all the stalls were with food ..there was music, traditional dances...what else?..hmmm..cute guys..haha:P

Me: Cute guys?
Anca:  ooohhh yeaaahhh...loads of cute guys..

Me: LOL
Anca:
I still remember those 2 Tokyo guys..they were so dreamy..but because I was too shy I missed my chance to talk more with them...and one of them was looking at me..I'm so angryyyy...T^T

Me: oh no you would gotten the guy if you talked more lol bless maybe next time?

Got to love this girl, I also asked her cousin of what she thought about it.

Me: How was Japan Matsuri?
Furore:  Sorry, dear...but I just passed by....I wasn't so much into it...or into the guys ;))

Overall, I think for these two beautiful girls they were either into it and not so into it. Which isn't so bad,  I mean a festival is a place where you meet new people. So remember readers, if you meet two tokyo guys and one looked at Anca please do give me a comment, I shall get her lover boy to her soon because she was too shy to talk. It seems like a place where you meet loads of people, I would love to get a love story out of these festivals will make my day. Our conversation was of course real and quite amusing. Credit to Furore Maya and Anca Maria Thank you!!

So here it was, my little insight of Japan Matsuri 2013! Totally love the fact I got three different peoples view on it. Some like some not, some enjoyed some not. Tell me how you guys thought about it and if anyone went. I would love to go next year maybe, and get a story of my own in it with pictures. And get to meet new different people too, and maybe get a love story in between. Did I mention I missed Siro-A the most amazing dance group ever, they had performed at the Matsuri, so whoever didn't go missed one of the best things. Oh lets not forget the the guitarist who did the original Kill bill theme song Iconic! Damn my luck hopefully someone cooler comes next time. please do go on the website (http://japanmatsuri.com/) for the rest of the information.

The list of stages are written here :



Ø  Ryukyu Classical Music Group 
Ø  Green Chorus 
Ø  Japanese School Wadaiko
Ø  Lolita Fashion by the Tea Party Club 
Ø  Okinawa Sanshinkai 
Ø  Eisa Dance : London Bunka Yochien 
Ø  Nodojiman : The J Factor 
Ø  Thames Taiko 
Ø  Hiroko Tanaka Nihon Buyo 
Ø  British Suzuki Institute 
Ø  SOAS Min’yo Group 
Ø  Tasuke Haiya Bushi – Bon odori procession
Ø  Fuyuki Enokido 
Ø  Naomi Suzuki Gekijo 2013 
Ø  Hibiki Ichikawa Tsugaru Shamisen Special 
Ø  Jetsam : Disruption 
Ø  Ten’yu 
Ø  SIRO-A 
Ø  Joji Hirota London Taiko Drummers 
Ø  HOTEI – The Electric Samurai special guest

Its a shame, I dont have any videos but people are more than welcome to link me them and tell me what you guys did and wanted to do, or didnt go so forth. Enjoy reading people!

(ノ≧∀≦)ノ・‥…━━━★ ピキューン!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
☆Chibichaos☆
United Kingdom
☆Illustrator ☆photographer ☆Graphic designer ☆Random but nice ☆ ☆Aspiring Author..☆
View my complete profile

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Chococat is a registered trademark of Sanrio Co., Ltd. ("Sanrio"), and the images are copyrighted by Sanrio.